Mr. Wong's Illo-log

A slice of the inter-web wherein Calvin Wong tries to post drawings on a semi-regular basis.

Monday, June 12, 2006

This past Saturday, I saw two movies I never saw before: Mon Oncle and Sunset Boulevard. Both were great classic films. I especially loved the eye candy and light-hearted comedy that was Mon Oncle (now I know what Mr. Heavyfoot from Kids in the Hall is a reference to). Here's a 15 min sketch of my favorite visual pun in the entire movie:



In this scene, Monsieur Hulot has come to the ultra modern house of Monsieur and Madame Arpel clandestinely in the middle of the night. He comes to prune some bushes he ruined at the Arpel's party earlier and makes a lot of noise (left). In the two circular windows, the Arpels peer out of the window to see what's going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home